Here’s where you’ll find the information you’ll need to prepare Relief Society and Priesthood Lessons.
Information for Come, Follow Me:
This is the Come, Follow Me curriculum for all organizations currently using this program (including the youth).
First Sunday Council Meeting
A presidency member or group leader leads members as they counsel together and make plans to meet local needs.
Find out the topics and how to lead and guide these meetings here.
Second and Third Sundays
Members study, discuss, and apply general conference messages from the First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other Church leaders. Any of the talks from the most recent General Conference may be used. The May and November issues of the Ensign will have more information, along with ideas for questions.
Find the questions for the April 2018 General Conference (May 2018 Ensign) here. You may also download the eleven-page insert as a pdf.
Read the article about the new format in the November 2017 Ensign.
Members study a doctrinal topic related to the work of Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society. A new topic will be chosen by the leaders of the Church every six months.
The topic until the next General Conference will be the Sabbath.
Find the resources for this topic here.
Bishoprics or branch presidencies plan the meeting.
- Read and learn Teaching in the Savior’s Way
- Read 11 Tips for Priesthood and Relief Society Teachers
- Learn how to create a culture of preparation
- Question stems for teachers
- Teaching techniques for varying your lessons
- Handling over-eager contributors
- Quotes from general authorities on lots of subjects
- Tips for better questioning in class
- Effective use of video in class
- Ideas for opening lessons
- Tips for reading scriptures out loud in class
- Find general information about the new meeting plan here.